How much does it cost for home staging in Los Angeles?
VACANT: For a vacant home, the cost of Staging varies depending on the style of the property and how many rooms need to be furnished. Most two- to three-bedroom single-family homes and condos range from $4000 - $6000 for a 2-month rental. Large or estate homes and certain styles cost more, but the investment in Staging ALWAYS costs less than a price reduction!
OCCUPIED: If you are going to be living in the home and already have furniture, but need updated art, bedding or accessories, the cost may range from $800 - $2500 or more depending on the size of your home and the quantity of accessories required.
Home staging in Los Angeles - Seller Benefits (from The Consumer Guide to Real Estate Staging by Real Estate Staging Association)
- Professionally staged homes present and show better than competing houses for sale, including new construction homes and higher-priced houses.
- Staged properties will sell faster when compared with houses that have not been staged. From the date of listing until the day of closing, home staging shortens this timeframe, even in a slow real estate market.
- Staged properties can increase the number of offers and the sales price in hot markets.
- Buyers view professionally staged listings as "well-maintained'.
- Buyers' agents recognize that professionally staged listings are "move-in" ready and are inclined to show staged properties.
- Photos of professionally staged listings look better on the MLS, as well as in print.
- Professionally staged listings "STAND-OUT" in prospective buyers' minds.
We (Real Estate Staging Association) studied 97 homes previously on the market on average 181 days before the homeowners gave up trying to sell on their own and called in a professional home stager. Those same homes were staged, relisted and sold on average in 60 days after staging. This is 67% less time on the market.
Contact me for more information on the benefits of home staging in Los Angeles (I have articles that I can email to you).
Thinking about selling your home? If so, be sure to read this article to get valuable insi...